Friday 19 June 2015

901!

Did you know that we've written 901 posts on this here blog. 901! That is unbelievable! Just another 99 to go and we can have the Happy 1000 posts party! 

Bloggy land has changed massively since we started this way back in 2007. It's a strange world now that seems to move from the teeny tiny blogs like ours that get a few page views from some loyal readers (thank you all for sticking with us for all these years!) to people who make a daily living from being bloggers, with thousands of page views, and who appear to live a life of constant travel, product launches, and wearing huge amounts of make-up. Bonkers. 

I try not to think about the future too much, of bloggy land and You Tube and the like, cos sometimes it scares me a bit. I can't see where it can go from here. These people with millions of subscribers and followers - I mean, what?! It's barmy, scary, and fascinating all at the same time. One of the most rapid things I have ever seen was when David Beckham joined Instagram. It was his 40th birthday and he posted 6 photos and in one day he went from zero to something crazy like 6 million followers. How do you even comprehend? Staggering. 

I hope we will make it to 1000 posts, but I do sometimes wonder. The urge to blog is not always there and I know I go through phases with it. But that's ok I think. We're not here to make money, or for the numbers, or for whatever it is those people need to strive for to make it their income, but we are here to share the fun times and the fun things. Cheers to that! 

No comments: