Friday 1 May 2015

SNAP!

It's 3 weeks tomorrow since I started my Facebook detox. I'll let you into a little secret...I think I'm done with it. Seriously. The past 3 weeks has been brilliant and a real revelation. I would definitely have admitted to being slightly obsessed with checking Facebook, either on my phone or tablet, that little blue F logo taunting me to click and scroll. The 3 weeks have flown by and I can honestly say that I don't miss it at all. I don't miss finding myself irritated by things that people were posting or sharing, I don't miss updating everyone with what I'm up to or where I am, and I definitely don't miss the aimless scrolling. One more week left of the challenge but I think it could well be the end of the relationship. I'll let you know the final outcome next week. 

But! That's not to say that I'm removing myself entirely from the internetty, clearly, as I am typing this up about to publish any moment... 

I am still loving Instagram but my most recent discovery is SnapChat. Are any of you on it? I originally downloaded it out of curiosity as quite a few of the bloggers/vloggers that I follow are on there and I wanted to know what it was all about. I'm still very much in the early stages of figuring out how it all works but it's a whole lotta fun! I love the idea of short snippets of video that you add to your 'story'. Today was the first day that I made a little story, a whole 24 seconds story of mine and Wavey's fun Friday. If you fancy checking it out my username is ClaireJens. Maybe see you there - let me know your username in the comments and we can SNAP together! 

No comments: