Thursday 2 April 2015

I think burning them might be a bit far, but...

**Spoiler alert** If you are in any way sensitive or offended by underwear (especially bra) talk, turn away now. Anyone left? Proceeding on then. 

One of my very best besties has this thing where she comes home from work and the first thing she does is take her bra off. I just used to nod along when she would say things like, oh the relief, cos I never really understood it. My primary aim when I'm buying a bra is comfort, none of this fancy dancy dressing them all up in lace type thing for me, it's just not my thing you know? Stay with me, there is a point to this underwear talk. Maybe I should get to it now? Good idea. 

With the shingles also came this weird other red rash that was in a place where the underwire of a bra would rub (too much information? Too late!) and so whilst I've been off work, I've been bra-less. And it's been good, like GOOD! I've taken to wearing a vest, a bit like you do between the ages of birth up to whenever you might start wearing a bra, or deciding that a vest just isn't cool. I love a good vest, keeps you toasty and roasty in the winter time and cool in the summer, but that's probably a whole other wardrobe related post. 

Luckily I am not hugely endowed in the boob-age department so this bra-free thing is not that big of a deal, but I'm starting to feel that I could totally get on board with this as a regular thing. There's a lot of people out there who do you know. I follow The Blonde Salad on Instagram and she always seems to rock out without one. Mind you, she is a model and therefore rake thin with teeny tiny boobs but you know, backs my story up. And let's not forget the biggest inspiration of all: 

Charlie Dimmock. Not only is she a gardener and a frizzy red head, she's infamous for going bra-less, even when Alan Titchmarsh and Tommy were digging by her side! If Charlie can, I can too! And the 70s are coming into fashion for summer and I'm pretty sure they burned bras then, so...set them free sisters! 

No comments: