Wednesday 21 January 2015

The Good (BRILLIANT!) Wife

I know, I know, yet again it's a case of hello, where have you been for the last 6 years? Thanks once again to the glory of Netflix and being able to watch entire series in one sitting I've just started watching The Good Wife. Oh my. I don't know why I have this weird thing of jumping on bandwagons way after the time, it's just a thing. A thing that stops me wanting to join the party at the right time and avoid all the hype and then BAM, a sudden discovery decades later of the brilliance of something. Better late than never. 

Let's talk teevee. Like seriously good teevee. I'm only on series 1 but I can already tell I'm going all the way with this one. So freaking good! The characters, the story lines, the actors, the kick ass boots that Kalinda wears and let's face it, her general all round kick-ass-iness that just makes me love her more with each show. And Eli Gold. Oh! He's not really around too much at the moment but I have a feeling he's going to stick around too...and Carol from ER and Mr Big. I mean seriously, way to go the Scott brothers for seeing the potential in this one and running with it. 

I think I'm about 5 series behind so I've got a lot of brilliance to admire with this one before I'm done. It's at times like this that I'm glad I work from home for half the week as I can squeeze in a good number of episodes in my regular breaks. Not that I sit and binge watch 3 episodes in one go, nuh-uh, as if I would do something so time wastery...

I'm beyond intrigued what is going to happen, and I saw a trailer for series 6 the other night and had to hide behind my jumper as I'm sure all sorts of things were revealed that I have yet to discover. It's a long time since I've felt this excited about a TV programme. I think it might be love at first episode... 

1 comment:

Librarian Girl said...

YESSSSS. Even Michelle Obama knows what's up.

http://www.people.com/article/michelle-obama-state-union-good-wife-alicia-florrick-michael-kors-suit