Saturday 3 January 2015

Let's go - crafting!

Happy New Year dear readers! I do hope you had a fabulous festive time and are heading into the new year feeling reinvigorated and full of energy. Or spending as much time sleeping in and enjoying not being at work and dreading Sunday evening as that means I have to go back to work on Monday. No? Just me then. 

I love that I have immediately gone off topic. 

In October last year (so last year!), I attended a crafting session at my theatre group where we made poppies. These poppies were made from felt and crocheting and I freely admit that I absolutely loved the whole session. I'm not a person who finds crafting very easy, it's not something that comes naturally to me and I often struggle with how something should be done. A similar thing happened at the poppy session. The lady was trying to show me how to crochet the poppy one way but my hands will only work the way they want to. She soon realised that even though I was 'doing it all wrong' I was actually making it work for me. I was really quite proud of the finished results and it fired a little thought in my head and thus was born the Year of Craft.

The Year of Craft will essentially be me finding something that I want to try. Give it a try and see how I get on. Invariably Fizz will become involved as she is a master (mistress?) of crafts and can generally turn her hand to anything and everything. I plan to document it via the blog and probably my other social media as let's face it, I will be proud of my makings! I do hope you won't be too bored... If I am trying something via another blog/website I will share the link so that you can give it a try too if you feel inspired. Or just join in the Year of Craft too and share your makings. Let's all make things together! 

In true style I have no idea where I will start, although I do have my eye on some little bowls that you marble and bake in the oven as I am good at the baking thing, and I'd like to start successfully or this will soon turn into the Year that I failed to Craft...

So there you have it. One of my (many) goals for this year. Welcome aboard! And good crafty wishes to you.  

No comments: