Saturday 11 October 2014

15 Days

I'm baaaaaack! Did you miss me? Did you even notice I was missing...? 15 days. It has been 15 long days since we've had an Internet connection and it has felt like an eternity. I know right? First world problems or what, but there you go, we needed us the Internet and we needed it badly. And neither of us is ashamed to admit it. It was tough! It didn't help that we didn't have a phone either, so all those 0800 numbers that are generally free? Not from mobiles they're not. My mobile bill will be through the roof but that's a whole other story. Anyway I digress. 

What's been happening? Well we can finally say that our house has sold. The deal is done, good and proper, the bank balance is a daily reminder...HOW MUCH?! And we are fully settled in the flat, in all its miniature glory and testing little testy challenges. Oh what are they I hear you ask? Well...

We have two sinks, how decadent or what? But the big sink leaks, muchos leaks. So we have to only use the little sink to pour water away. 

We have no washing machine so I am regularly to be seen up at my Ma's house hauling black bin liners full of washing from my car. It truly feels like a return to student days, except that I never did that whole bring your washing home thing cos I had enough trouble getting me and my small bag on the train from London without including dirty washing into the mix. 

The upstairs neighbours have two grot bags, in turn they allow said grot bags to run like crazy things around their miniature flat or cry endlessly and then shout at them to shut up. Or they are taking furniture apart using power tools in the wee small hours of the morning. Totally weird. And with no care for their downstairs neighbours whatsoever. 

The bath panel has a massive crack in it and it's taking all of Wavey's willpower not to rip all the seal out and re-do it. In this instance I can see it being bath seal - 0 and Wavey - 1. 

Most of the radiators are about 6 inches wide so we permanently have soggy towels. 

The temperature is crazy and the duvet is often discarded. This could definitely be good come the colder months. Not a fan of being cold. 

The kitchen is teeny tiny and when I do my shopping I have to unpack it bag by bag or it ends up on the floor. It is a struggle for us both to be in there at the same time. 

We still only have one set of keys so Wavey has to wait in the car park for me to come home. 

Having said all of that, we are warm, we are dry, we are not homeless. 3 very positive things. We still don't know what is happening with the house we have offered on, only time will tell. 

But we have the Internet again. Rejoice, rejoice! Normal service will now resume. 

No comments: