Wednesday 10 September 2014

20 Things

Let's share a few random facts! I came across this via The Maiden Metallurgist and thought it would be a fun thing to do, so here are 20 things about me.

1. How tall are you? 
I'm 5'8", not too teeny at all.

2. Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what? 
I don't at all, most of my talents are out there for all to see! I did used to wish that I could put lipstick on just like Clare from The Breakfast Club, but sadly I've never learned that skill...

3. What's your biggest blog-related pet peeve?
There's a couple of beauty blogs that I read who I think sometimes aim their language to try to be 'down with the kids'. I'm not normally one to be annoyed by bad grammar but a lot of that is just wrong words that mainly make me cringe.

4. What's your biggest non-blog related pet peeve? 
Littering, particularly from cars. There's so many rubbish bins around, use them! I think this actually annoys me more as a lot of kind people use our front hedge for putting their plastic bottles/glass bottles/leftover kebab trays. I suppose at least they're not leaving it on the ground...

5. What's your favourite song? 
No! I can never answer this question ever. It changes almost all the time, depending on mood, time of year, so many factors. Next question.

6. What's your favourite Etsy shop that isn't yours?
I don't have an Etsy shop, mainly because I am utterly rubbish at crafting. I can't handle the stress, too much concentration required. Fizz is currently secret squirreling away on an exciting project that may or may not involve an online shop. I can't reveal any more or she might kill me. 

7. What's your favourite way to spend your free time when you're alone? 
Oooh tough one! Again, it depends entirely on mood. Some days I just want to lie on the sofa and catch up with all my blogs, other days I'll be my own DJ and blast out loads of songs and sing at the top of my voice. If it's sunny you'll definitely catch me in the garden with a good book. I generally post to the blog when I'm alone so there's another one. I'm all good with alone time, I can always find ways to amuse myself. 

8. What's your favourite junk food?
Haribo Fangtastic. Fizzzzzzzzy! 

9. Do you have a pet or pets?
Nope. But Wavey and I are in talks to get a golden retriever who we will call Bob. This is years down the line cos we'd feel bad about leaving him at home while we went out to work. We'll probably get Bob about the same time we move to France. 

10. What are your number one favourite fiction and non-fiction books?
I don't read a lot of non-fiction but when I do it usually has lots of gorgeous photos and I will idle away hours just flicking through. Fiction is truly hard, I'm a tough critic. I would say the Tales of the City series by Armistead Maupin. I've read them so many times they're almost threadbare and they totally inspired me to go to San Francisco for an amazing holiday I will never forget. 

11. What's your favourite beauty product? 
Anything and everything. I am a total lush when it comes to lotions and potions. 

12. When were you last embarrassed? What happened? 
Yesterday at work. I had taken my work buddy one of our giant courgettes and there were a lot of innuendos flying around the room and exclamations of where did you get that?! I don't know why I blushed to say that we had grown it. I'm a blusher, often, really wish I wasn't. 

13. If you could only drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life what would it be? 
Yorkshire tea. No question. Can't live without it. 

14. What's your favourite movie?
Probably Pretty in Pink. Is that sad to admit? So many memories, with so many people, of watching it over and over again. And I'll always love Duckie. What a dude. 

15. What were you in high school: prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, etc.
I think school in the UK is not really like high school (she says, totally basing all experience of American high schools on tv, books, and films). You either fit in or you didn't. I didn't really. I was with a not great group of people, and I lacked confidence, and I let them make me do a lot of things that I knew weren't good but I wasn't brave enough to walk away. And I had giant hair. And I was all arms and legs and had no boobs til I was nearly 16. School was not my most favourite. 

16. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
France. I'm not a big planner, but Wavey and I have very grand plans for our future life in France. Watch this space. 

17. PC or Mac?
Um, iPad and laptop...?

18. Last romantic gesture from your man?
Every weekend Wavey makes me breakfast in bed. And for that I know I am a very lucky girl. Don't tell him I told you that...

19. Favourite celebrity?
I'm not really into the whole celebrity thing anymore, it's all a bit old now. But I'll say Peter Capaldi, the new Dr Who, as he seems like he's totally cool and I'm loving him as the Doctor. 

20. What blogger do you secretly want to be best friends with? 
I'd love to meet Pop Culture Librarian one day. It could well take years but I definitely reckon we'd have a top day!  

So there you go. 20 things about me. Who's up next?