Thursday 20 February 2014

What is your lifestyle category?

This survey is a series of questions designed to identify your lifestyle category, which will impact your online consumer behaviour. It's primarily targeted at the USA but I was surprised by my results. My lifestyle categories were Innovator and Achiever. 

As an Innovator my favourite things are:
  • BMW
  • Wired magazine
  • sparkling water
  • a rewarding experience 
As an Achiever my favourite things are:
  • Honda
  • Every Day with Rachael Ray
  • low-calorie domestic beer
  • recognition at work
From the above I will admit to enjoying sparkling water, and who doesn't appreciate recognition at work or a rewarding experience? Oh and I have read Wired magazine - it does have some really interesting articles in it. But car brands mean nothing to me and what is the point of low-calorie beer?!

These days we are so blinded by ads popping up here, there, and everywhere which most of us ignore, but when you stop to think about how and why they're there it can be a little bit eep-y. It's this kind of thing that is going to help me build my research question and progress my study. I think it's going to be a fascinating journey. 

What is your lifestyle category? Does it accurately reflect who you perceive yourself to be? Share your results and comments below. 

No comments: