Tuesday 19 November 2013

Baby it's cold...inside

Don't get me wrong, it's not like we are in dire straits and can't afford to put the heating on but when energy prices are rising by 12% and I'm at home all day that has potential to cost a rather large sum. So I try to resist as long as possible. I don't quite go to these lengths but I can definitely use some of the suggestions. Take today for example, frost on the ground outside, me stuck inside all day with looming deadlines, so very tempting to put the heating on but I am resisting! 

I've tucked my vest into my jeans. 

And I'm wearing a long sleeved top, a hoodie, and some fab woolly socks that Fizz made for me last year. And jeans obviously...

I've made 3 cups of tea and counting. 

I've wiggled my bum around a few times on the chair, a bit like chair dancing, to move around a bit.  

My fingers are flying across the keys but I think that's more out of sheer panic than keeping warm. 

I'm a little bit nervous though, it's only November and it's this cold. I have to make it all the way through to next June working between uni and home. That's a whole lot of cold days ahead of me. But I am a student after all, I should live like one! When I was a student first time round we often came home to no heating and no money to add some funds to the card. I'm pretty sure I just used to go to bed back then and I'm almost certain I wore a woolly hat indoors. I don't think I'll go that far but I'm not averse to the idea of a granny blanket over my knees. Sheesh, this student life is tough! 

No comments: