Friday 26 July 2013

For hire

Despite high hopes and the best will in the world my marketing job did not work out as planned. There are many reasons for this, none of them that I can really write about, suffice it to say that it wasn't what I had hoped for and frankly after 12 years in my previous role of way less than I had hoped for I wasn't about to put up with that crap again. Graciously exit one Dizz from said marketing job and said Dizz is now back on the job market. 

I have to say I'm quite bummed about this. It's not where I hoped to be and it's a bit of an inconvenience. There's only so much ironing one girl can do before it all just becomes too much! Maybe I can get paid to iron...? Ugh, no way. 

So here I am. I've trawled round several job sites, all of them disappointing. I've rung a temp agency who were frankly not very friendly and a bit dismissive of me as the job I was asking about had been advertised for a whole week. Well excuse me for just looking today and calling to enquire *sticks tongue out* Big sigh. I'm not a person who is easy at being unemployed. I've worked since I was 16 in some job or another and it's odd to not be with one now. This has only happened to me two other times before and I don't think I can bear to go and sign on. Just the thought of it makes me shudder, it's so gloomy and down trodden and even if you feel fine going in you soon come out feeling just that. Ho hum.

Oh well. Back to the job search I suppose. Another big sigh :( 

No comments: