Sunday 3 February 2013

Mouth wide open

Watched two things on the giant tv over the weekend that literally left us with mouths wide open. The first was a Storyville documentary called The Queen of Versailles  I wasn't really sure what it was fully about as just read a brief line or two but it sounded interesting so I recorded it. Oh my word, it was utterly fascinating and horrifying and gawp-inducing all at the same time. I've just done a quick internetty search to find out a bit more about it and was again open-mouthed to read that David Siegel is now sueing the film-maker Lauren Greenfield, claiming that he didn't give permission for some scenes. Blimey. If you didn't get a chance to see it I would highly recommend watching it. Fascinating doesn't even begin to cover it. 

Next up was David Attenborough's Africa. There's no other way to say it really, David Attenborough is just brilliant. This series has been breathtaking and the stunning pictures look even more amazing when your tv is big and you've got HD. I thought my favourite bit was going to be the butterflies until the Springbok started pronking:

Booooiiiiiiiiiiiingggggggggg!

Giant tv - we salute you! 
 

No comments: