Sunday 19 August 2012

(dis)organised

For two very organised people at work, when it comes to hometime forget it! Totally useless. We manage to lose stuff even though we know it's never been taken out of the house and must be here somewhere. Throw a few boxes around, try another room then another one and it'll be found eventually. It's not a brilliant way to live and being much more organised would be so much better but I'm not holding out much hope. 

Take today for example. I got up early as had planned to go for a bike ride with a friend this morning. An organised person would have thought to check the bike yesterday to make sure everything was ok with it but oh no. I got up this morning with half an hour to spare to discover that my bike had flat tyres. Of course I don't have my own bike pump and I can't get hold of my pops to borrow his and ended up missing my bike ride. Full on childlike sulking followed as I had been so looking forward to it :( 

To try and counteract this we did think about getting the bags out to take on holiday in a couple of weeks and we found the map book. And after searching through 3 piles of books we eventually found the guidebook even though the two that we have seem to fall right out of the area we're going to be in. It will be the first time in a long time that I've not gone on holiday with a trusty Rough Guide and all the special and secret things they know about. We'll just have to discover stuff the old fashioned way - by stumbling across it! 

By that time we were on a total roll and decided to sort out lots of stuff to take to the charity shop. I finally decided to get rid of a lot of my high heel shoes - I never wear them anymore and they're just there in a box, literally gathering dust. By the time I'd had a good sort out I had a full box of shoes and 2 bin liners of clothes to take. Go go go progress! 

I also found a box that had some Benefit goodies that I'd ordered a couple of weeks ago and hadn't been able to find. I found "To Kill a Mockingbird" that I want to take on holiday, and I even found the floor in the study which is progress indeed considering it's covered in boxes full of books, spare pillows that we may never have use for, a single duvet even though we don't have a single bed, and a whole heap of other stuff...see what I mean? I'd like to be reassured by other people that they live just the same way but everyone else I know seems to be really organised. Ho hum.

 

No comments: