Thursday 31 May 2012

How does it work?

How come when I'm off work on a weekend I find it really hard to get motivated to do anything, yet when I'm off through the week on a day I'm supposed to be at work it's like I've had 3 shots of coffee and am buzzing around all over the place? How does that work? 

It's boiler-Thursday. At least we sincerely hope it is as we're now in day I've lost count of cold showers and having to scrounge baths from people where it all just feels a bit weird having a bath there even though I had countless baths there growing up. I REALLY need Boilerman to come today, and bring good tidings that yes he can fix it for me to have hot running water - oh the bliss. The appointment kindly states anytime between 8am and 4pm. Can you be more specific we ask nicely? Yes between 8am and 4pm. So I'm waiting. But I'm not sitting. No sir-ee. It's not even 10.30 yet and I've washed up by boiling the kettle twice for hot water, I've hoovered the downstairs of the house, I've had 2 rounds of breakfast (hungry!) and I'm about to start the ironing. Oh and I've done some tidying so the house looks immaculate - a rare sight! Busy bee is me. 

If I was at work, by this time of the morning, I'd be on my third cup of tea, I'd have read my emails and I'd be making a start on the daily tasks. It doesn't seem to feel quite as productive. So my question is, how does it work? I'm motivated at work, truly I am. I get jobs done. But they just don't seem to have the same satisfaction as rushing around the house tidying. Odd my friends, most odd. The good news is that all this tidying means we will have 4 whole days of Bank Holiday deeeee-lish-is-ness (why thank you Queenie ma'am, you truly rock) to kick back and enjoy our time off. I'd like to say that we'll be out in the garden but as it's pouring rain and has been since we got up garden time looks like it might not happen. Bummer. 

The weekend is upon us, friends. Rejoice, rejoice! 

No comments: