Sunday 22 April 2012

Greenhouse day

I didn't realise it was Earth Day today but it seems like pretty good timing that I picked today to get my bum into gear and get all my seeds sown. I'd already done some of the early seedlings like peppers and chillis but after a very productive afternoon we now have a full greenhouse! I love it! I'm so hoping for a successful season, fingers crossed. 

If everything that we've planted continues to grow and crop we'll have:
  • Sweet mini peppers and normal peppers
  • Tommy-tom-tomatoes
  • Beetroot
  • Peas
  • Dwarf french beans
  • Climbing runner beans
  • Aubergines
  • Many varieties of chillis
  • Cabbage
  • Cauliflower
  • Red and white onions
  • Potatoes...
 ...and that doesn't include the other things we intend to plant like radish, rocket, baby cucumbers, baby sweetcorn. And the two types of strawberries we have on the go as well. Wow! 

I so love growing our own veg. It's so exciting watching stuff pop up from seed and get bigger and bigger and when you pick your first crop...so satisfying. Come on Summer, we need your sunny, warm days! 

No comments: