Wednesday 3 August 2011

19th nervous breakdown...

...well actually more like a 21st century nervous breakdown! I came home from the festie (FAB and definitely more to come but you'll understand once you hear the sorry tale) to find Larry the Laptop is completely foo-barred. Like totes as they would say in Hoxton. He is working uber uber slow and had something called TSSKILLER on him, as well as 3 more Trojan Horses and a few other things that I don't even like to name. Safe to say he's a very poorly boy. This makes me beyond sad. He was my first proper grown up purchase, on a 3 year finance deal as I couldn't afford to pay outright, and it was one of my proudest moments to have fully paid it off and have true ownership. But now he's gone...but hopefully not until I get what I need from him. Just one last job Larry...

...itunes baby! Don't die please don't die until you've taken the 128 minutes (or 79 minutes, or 29 minutes or back up to 78 minutes) that you currently promise to transfer from the library to my external hard drive. It's taking that long as I have 7 days of music on it. Wavey seems to think this is excessive but I reckon it's probably kind of small compared to what some people have. I've always been limited by the size of my ipod and not having one of those hoy-uge 80 gig ones means I've kept my library small. But believe me when I say oh so precious! Presh-ussssssss!

And so I'm sitting waiting. With a fair bit of pacing thrown in. And some hand wringing. And a few tense words with myself, not to Wavey tchah! It has to work. This is fair to say folks, what could only be termed a 21st century technology breakdown. All I can say is thank god for smartphones or how could I tell the world about my current crisis?! What a world we live in. And I'm confident writing this that many of you readers will feel my pain as we're all so reliant on these machines that we lovingly cherish.

So please all join me in the laptop prayer. Come on Larry baby, I know you can do it...

1 comment: