Wednesday 9 March 2011

Sunny Days

Dizz and Wavey are off in bonny Scotland, so I thought I might write a wee post while they're awa' haen a braw time o'd in Auld Reekie.

It's been a looooooong while since I posted. Things have not been so sunny in Fizz-land (Fizz-pa died after a nasty illness that lasted almost a year), but now the clouds are breaking up and there are bright spells and I feel the impulse to share.

Part of the reason for the better weather on planet Fizz is that I have a new job. Actually it's more like I've gone back to my old job, back to my roots. I am now a computer programmer again, after more than 10 years doing other things including teaching English, software training, authoring technical documents and even answering phones in a call centre. But programming is my comfort zone and I'm happy to be back.

Another reason for the sunny spells is Prozac. Yep, I'm not ashamed of it, sometimes you need a little help.

But the main reason I'm on the road to becoming my normal bubbly, Fizzy self is the determination on the part of my friends - you know who you are - to be there for me no matter how 'dark' I get. Thank you, thank you, thank you. *Virtual Hug*

That's enough of the soppy stuff. No you don't get an actual hug. I'm off to walk the dogs and get some fresh air.

1 comment:

Wavey said...

and a very braw time was had.

Other 'B' words which come to mind would be 'Baltic', 'Brick' or 'Brass-monkey'. hardy natives indeed to be wearing kilts in such cold winds.

Although sampling a range of single malts did help - braw indeed