Friday 25 February 2011

Sofa vacant...

...well only for half an hour to go out to the doctors. Where I was diagnosed with a flu like virus. So there you go. I've got my crappy sicknote that I needed for this afternoon, and I got to go out in the fresh air. It was so nice! Along the way I popped into the local supermarket to pick up some mozarella and buy a copy of the NME. And a Euromillions ticket for tonight cos it's a rollover of 36 million...I could spend that. That was my morning - hope you've all had a good one.

In other news, either that MetaTone tonic is some seriously good shit and I lost like 4 years of my life in one night or One Tree Hill went a bit weird. It's more likely that the latter is the real answer, otherwise I'm suddenly 40 and I didn't have some major eeek-ing crisis...but today's ep did kind of feel like I'd lost years. Yesterday they were all oooh we're graduating and we will live our dreams and today it was 4 years later and they were living what they thought were the dreams, but it turned out what they all really wanted was to go home and play basketball on the school court. Totally confused! Maybe my love affair with the Hill gang is ending?

I've decided that as well as taking the cack awful tonic from my ma that I will eat my way back to healthy. So I've been making up some good hearty soups full of all kinds of good hearty stuff. And I made some cereal bars yesterday which are really yummy and again packed full of good stuff like oats and seeds and dried fruit. Today's kitchen venture is going to be trying to make pizza base. I've only had one attempt at bread making so far, time to give it another go. One advantage to having all this sofa time is that you'll do anything to get up off the sofa, including doing all the washing up all week and making some yummy food. It's only been the past couple of days when I've felt like doing that though so I must shirley be on the mend!

Bored with the awful daytime tv, I've started re-watching Angel right back to series 1. Nothing like a bit of the Boreanaz bod to make a gal feel better...

Am absolutely LOVING the Anthony Kiedis book. I think really there's this part of me that wants to be rock'n'roll and so I love reading about all these crazy rock stars who completely ruin themselves in the name of sex and drugs and rock and roll. Truly fascinating. But having experienced sharing a house with a musician for a couple of years of my life who was a total arsehole I know that I don't really want to live that life, I just enjoy living it vicariously. And I've dug out a Chili Peppers cd I had so am loving that all over again. As well as finding some other gems in that cheeky box of copies that my mate Kev always did for me...

It's the weekend now. I'm really hoping that the combo of the tonic and my healthy eating and hopefully more fresh air will really kick this virus up its mean arse. Begone evil virus! I am so bored of you. Like whatever...

No comments: