Monday 21 February 2011

3 tonne legs

I don't know exactly how heavy 3 tonnes is, but it sounds really really heavy. And that's how my legs feel today. This is one very weird virus. I feel like I'm dragging my legs around everytime I get up off the sofa, which I have to do to fill up my drink as I have really dry lips and just want to drink and drink and flush this evil-ness out of my system! I've still got aching bones too, but not all of them, just certain areas. And I'm still feeling listless (Wavey's description of me yesterday) and not at all myself. I want it gone! And yesterday! Cos on Thursday evening I'm supposed to be going to see KT Tunstall in Newcastle which I've been looking forward to for sooooooo long. And if I don't get to go I'm going to be very unhappy indeed.

My ma just told me that someone they know who also works where I do had the same thing and it went round their whole office and he was off for a full week. This does not bode well. I think the most frustrating thing is that my brain still wants me to do stuff but I know that I'd no sooner drag my heavy legs to work than have to turn around again straightaway cos I'd be no good there.

Instead I'm dragging myself from sofa to kitchen and feeling pretty fed up. I've watched some crap telly and continuing on with my very odd book: American Purgatorio by John Haskell. Anyone else read this? Because I pick up books in charity shops only, I often end up reading some pretty odd stuff, but this is weird...mind you when Nick Cave is quoted as saying it's a "beautiful, haunting original book" you have to expect a bit of oddity. I'm going to see it through to the end, mainly because I have to know if he finds his wife or not.

Anyhoo, I'll keep you posted on the virus progression. Am hoping it drags its heavy ass out of my system, and quick about it matey!

No comments: