Wednesday 7 October 2009

People!

Wow! I'm sat at the Enquiry Point in our informal library and there are actual students here! Admittedly the majority of them are eating their lunch as this is also where the cafeteria is, but there are 2 actual people using library PCs. It's amazing! And actually feels like a proper university campus once more. Wooooo! Tis tragic but I'm actually sat with a dopey grin on my face at the sight of all these lovely people.

And I've only been sat here for 24 minutes and I've had 2 queries. This is amazing!

Are you reading a change in tone? I had a bit of a revelation last night. I was sat on the sofa whingeing to Wavey about work, when I actually stopped and heard myself and thought, wooooah chickie, this is not you, you are the upbeat girl who always finds the silver lining. And with that I've woken up with a different attitude. For one, I'm grateful that I've got a job at all. The same cannot be said for a lot of people in my region so amen to that. And let's face it, every job is up and down, the best thing to do is just go with the flow and see what happens. Don't get me wrong, I will always be frustrated by lack of work but hopefully it will pick up as more people become aware that we're here to help.

But I do have to say that we really need a sign that says push on the door to get of the library. The number of people that stand there pulling at the door and it doesn't open is just comical! Push people, push!

No comments: