Saturday 14 June 2008

Overtime ramblings

Is odd to find oneself at work on a Saturday. If it wasn't for the sound of the ding ding ding double time ringing in my head I wouldn't be a happy bunny. I'd only served one person when I managed to make a mistake on the till, oops. And everytime I cross my legs I hit the button that opens the cd/dvd tray on the tower which gave me a bit of a surprise earlier when it popped out between my legs...eeek!

Yesterday was a good day/bad day:
*It was a good day cos I got three coats of brilliant white on my lovely bathroom coving, plus one coat on the ceiling and the third and final coat of gloss on the evil louvered doors
*It was a bad day when I dropped my phone into a pint of pink juice. I've put it in the airing cupboard to dry and am hoping (praying!) that it will be working when I get home tonight. I'm sure there will be people who think I'm AWOL cos I'm not replying to text messages and this is unheard of for me
*It was a good but sad day when we went out to say goodbye to S (boohoo) and we had lots of laughs. And we saw Orlando Bloom! Yep, he was in TS1, who'd have thunk it. We do have photographic proof but he currently looks like a demon with his red eyes so once we've de-demoned him I'll post a piccie
*It was a bad day when I went to the second of my parties last night and encountered the family shindig. If it's immediate family hosting said shindig it will be just grand. For any other family beyond you know it ain't going to be good. And it was bad. The DJ had a mullet. And was playing very bad music. However all was not lost. My dad threw me around the dancefloor to Chain Reaction and stood on my flip-flopped foot, luckily I'm used to my dad's style of dancing so my feet are hardened. And my ma, bless her, was a bit tipsy and told me how lucky she is and that she loves me very much, everyone together now: awwww bless the ma
*Then to top off the day, the 'House of Chav' met me at my front door last night and apologised for all the noise that she has been making for the past, ooh say 2 years, and that she'll try very hard for it not to happen anymore. Wow!

As is usual, I've declared it summer, even though it clearly isn't outside, so am hoping that the rain holds off until I get home this evening or I'm in for a serious wardrobe malfunction in my black swirlie girlie skirt and flipflops. Oh and even though am on mega-budget, couldn't resist whilst buying a present for the birthday-Tizz, some blue sparkly nail varnish and two rather pretty turquoise flowers for me! So to even out the world, I didn't go and look in the funky vintage shop for a new bag and pretty clothes. I'm so proud... xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, very nice that you have seen Orlando, so he's currently in UK again? Good for him!
We'll wait anxiuosly for the pics!