Thursday 12 June 2008

Days off

They are quite simply the finest things ever. Especially as work is a bit...um...what's the right word...trying. Yep, we're having a bit of a problem with a certain someone who we shall call Miss Bossy Knickers. She is getting right on our nerves. Big style. And we can't do a thing about it except spend lunchtimes ranting about her. And plotting her demise. Which is not cheap I can tell you. So far it's costing me lots of hard work trying to convince someone that it's worth it, for me, pretty please. And poor T has to cook a batch of cookies every week for the rest of our days to assist with the bribery and corruption! What is a girl to do? Any ideas peeps?

So today has been most delicious. I was disturbed from my rather heavenly dream with David Tennant by the rag'n'bone man! Seriously, when was the last time you heard that weird rrrrrhhhnnnbnnn cry they have (phonetics, gotta love 'em) going on? Most odd. Spent what was left of the morning enjoying a leisurely breakfast and an episode of The Sopranos. Then my ma came down to help me clear out my spare room. By clear out I mean we got rid of 4 bags for charidee, one bag of rubbish, several plastic bags to go out for recycling, mucho amazement at what was actually under the bed (and I'm not just talking about dust bunnies), oh and laughing hysterically as I got trapped in all the stuff and literally fell head first over the edge of the bed and landed in a laughing heap. Eeeeh what fun. But it actually looks like a room again now! Yay!

Then we went and worshipped at Wilkos. Now I know there are readers out there (come on Cat, own up) who understand the Wilko Worship. It truly is the finest shop. Possibly ever. For a meagre 40 squid, I bought:
2 x multi-photo photoframes
2 x red ceramic plant pots
1 x tin of exterior undercoat: brilliant white
1 x tin of exterior gloss: brilliant white
1 x pack of mixed sandpaper
1 x cork sandpaper block
1 x limescale remover spray
1 x sink unblocker thingie
1 x fabreze for the giant furry beanbag: summer joy or some such smell
2 x bath sponges
1 x funkay watering can
1 x bathroom beaker for my toothbrush and toothpaste
10 x extra strong black refuse sacks
1 x dustpan and brush (49p, bargain!)
5 x food containers

Do you see what I mean? Genius, I tells ya. Whoever is the founder of Wilkos gets my big love.

So tomorrow is the beginning of the coving painting. Once at least one room is fully decorated plus accessorized, I will post piccies. Tomorrow is also 2 parties. What a life x

No comments: