Monday 9 June 2008

Cinematic events

I was going to dedicate this post entirely to exciting films, but then I've just had a phone call telling me that I've won a cruise to the Bahamas! I mean, how cool is that? It couldn't come at a better time, seeing as I've just had to cancel my planned trip to Barcelona due to the "house falling down around my ears" budget crisis. Funny thing is though, how does the automated man telling me I've won the cruise tell me how to claim the prize...hmmmmm.

So back to the original post. I finally went to see Sex and the City on Friday night. It's fair to say that I was right giddy about going to see it. To the point where I felt like a child on Christmas day. I LOVE the series, own all the dvds, have watched them so many times that I probably need a new set, basically there was a lot of expectation riding on it.
And I think I liked it...only think though. I'm considering going back a second time as I may actually form a true opinion on 2nd viewing. I know that I liked the ending. And I know that I loved all the clothes. And I actually gasped out loud at Carrie's...STOP! Don't give it away just in case someone hasn't seen it yet!

Tonight we're going to see Indiana Jones. And I loved them too. Is every film that I look forward to this cinema going to be a 'weeelll I think I liked it' moment? I'm a little worried I have to confess, I've heard bad things about Indie. Tizz told me to expect cheese. Cheese I can handle but if it's bad, oh Harrison, it'll be such a shame. Will keep you posted.

Sun is shining. Dizz is loving it. Literally, every opportunity, I'm out there soaking up the rays. You'd think that I go a lovely golden brown the way I love it. Nope. I get freckles. Lots of them. And that's it. But I heart it so. I think really I'm destined to live in a place where the sun shines all year round. Who needs seasons? xx

No comments: