Thursday 8 May 2008

Standards, slipping

It's amazing, considering how meticulous I generally am about what I wear, that for the past 4 days I've been wearing the same paint covered vest and jeans. And I haven't washed my hair for days either. Turns out, it's quite easy to let your standards slip and be a total scruff bag when the only people who see you are your ma (whose kind of required to think you're fabulous) and other nearest and dearest (who have seen me in all manner of situations now so no need to put on a show). I don't think that I smell...at least no-one has told me I do anyway, so they're either being really polite or I in fact smell the same as ever, chuckle.

I have finally put 2 coats on both the bathroom and kitchen walls. I am absolutely hearting both of them and am so glad that I picked the colours that I did. Only the dreaded louvered doors to begin glossing now. So much for that day at the beach! But the whole reason for taking the week off was to decorate so decorate I shall.

Well apart from when I had to nip out to the shops just now. Don't worry my lovely readers, I hasten to add that I got changed into something resembling a fashionable outfit and my paint smeared hair is my new look; I think I rock it quite well. The orange clashes wonderfully with the red and the black. Anyhoo I drift away. I went looking for towels. Towels could not be found. Instead came home with cushions, baskets, sheets, a mop, an oven glove, a mosaic mirror and a duckboard for the bathroom. Sheesh. Not bad for a couple of hours. But oh it's horrible out there! It's hot so people are wearing nasteee outfits, and tempers are frazzled, drivers are making sudden moves without indication...wits were needed muchly just to make it home alive.

Which of course I did. So now I've stripped off to something cooler (skirt and vest), have got Jack Johnson on the stereo, windows open to educate the street in good music, and am about to start on one of my famous thrown together pasta dishes for dins. Yum.

Laters my friends x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cushions!!!?

It all sounds cool, looking forward to the grand tour. Chuckled at your educating the street - think some of that is needed here, I may start at the weekend when I do will be getting my DIY gear on.

First picnic blanket luncheon today, we missed ya x