Tuesday 6 May 2008

Al fresco blogging

It's 1.05pm, I've finished the ceiling in the kitchen and am now sat in my yard enjoying yet another ham butty and a cheese scone. May seem like a lot but a gal's got to keep her energy up when she's painting up a storm.

May I say how incredibly fabby it is to be able to blog from my yard! Who'd have thunk it? My house might be falling down around my ears with its ever expanding cracks, mysterious hairy substance growing on the outer wall, and a crack that could split the house in half in the airing cupboard, but dang I can get a good signal for broadband! Mind you, both my phones are totally dead. And the microwave had to go to the recycling centre cos it broke. And my hairdryer only operates on the single temperature of scorching. Who really cares though when the sun is shining :o)

Had a bit of a moment earlier. I should explain. I really really hate painting ceilings. They totally stress me out. You're on top of a ladder all bent at funny angles, you can't see where you've been cos you're painting white on white, throw in the odd dizzy ooops nearly fell off the ladder moment there and you've got all the ingredients for a bit of an emotional Dizz. So I'm stood on the top of the ladder doing all of the above remembering my sis telling me last night that her hubby paints the ceilings cos she hates them, mind you he's like 6'4'' so probably just has to extend his arm and he's there. And I'm all like, oh woe is me where's my husband to paint the ceiling....sheesh. What's a girl to do? Well, I had a serious word with myself, danced along to a cracking good choon and carried on painting the effing ceiling. And now look. It's all done. And without any sniff of a husband. Yay! Husbands? Pah! Told you, it was a moment....

Have been enjoying the most fabby Xfm all day. They're basically dedicated to indie and alternative, the djs hardly chit-chat cos they're all about the choons, it's the BEST! I actually did almost fall off the ladder earlier as I strutted my stuff to The Wombats.

So there you have it. What a morning! It is literally so hot I have to go in and get suntan lotion. Woohoo, bring on the summer!

Laters xx

No comments: