Thursday 24 April 2008

More than a week that was

There was a time when I blogged every single day and that was when I was writing a 16,500 word dissertation. Having said that, due to said dissertation I didn't really go out and have fun, so can I be excused lack of blogging due to living the life?

Quick update since the last post: the world ended up being squint with the throwing out/buying new things as I ended up taking back most of the things I had bought. What is it with clothes shops that don't stay consistent with sizing? I can understand being different sizes in different shops but to be different sizes in the same shop - surely that is just wrong? So I took back the purple vest and the black vest with the acid green logo as I could barely breathe once I had the things on. I also had to change a plain black vest for a smaller size cos my normal size was too big. And then I realised when I tried on the man's shirt that being 5'8'' I am the size of a small man anyhoo so the shirt fit me perfectly. Which really wasn't the point. I wanted it to be big and falling off my shoulders and...well I had an image, the shirt didn't live up to it. What I think I really need to do is do what I used to and borrow one of my dad's! Plus I really wanted blue check and it was lilac stripe, so in summing up, the shirt went back too. Squint world. Clearly I need another bout of retail therapy :o)

Last week was oh so incredibly busy as I was "that usherette" up at theatre selling my icecreams. It was rather an odd week as my outfit was mainly focused around red tights of which I had 2 pairs of fishnets and one pair that I can only describe as having a black pattern on them that resembled a wrought iron fence. Those were indeedy a hit. The first night I wore them an old man stopped me in the street to ask me if I was "alright darling" to which I replied yes thank you and hurried on (as well as you can in 3 inch heels), he called after me to take care. For some reason he was concerned for my safety...All other reactions were mainly complimentary and I decided that those tights were clearly a good investment.

So we have reached this week. I'm going to do a list of loves and loathes for this week cos I like a list. First up with the loving:
1. A friend texting me to tell me that they've been out on a date wearing odd shoes :o)
2. The 69p Aldi disco biscuits: shortbread! caramel! chocolate! mini smarties! They really are rather fabulous
3. Bollywood dancing! Yep me and Fizz went to try it out. And we LOVED it. It was amazing. I came out of there with a big smile on my face and can't wait for the next class
4. The Skins soundtrack
5. Coffee and cake with my girlies tonight after work. It might have been short n sweet but it was still fabby
6. It's Friday tomorrow, yay!
7. The weekend, cos I'm taking my ma out for lunch and that will be just lovely

Now to the loathing:
1. The ironing pile that just keeps on growing
2. Getting out of bed every morning. That 4.30am bedtime from the after-show party has killed me this week
3. The book that I borrowed from R, cos it kept making me late to bed (which didn't help with the getting up) and late for work (which didn't help with the ever ailing flexi) but it was ace so I think this is more of a love to loathe
4. Journal queries at work. All the time. Make the phone stop...anyone?
5. The weather. Make your mind up. Sun or rain. And stop being so cold. We want to wear flipflops.

Now I have a little list of other things that have no name:
1. Feeling my long hair on my bare back now that I've started wearing vest tops again for work. I love that it's grown back so fast this time, yay!
2. My peeps being away from home. I'm kinda getting used to Fizz not being around so much as I've had more time to adjust to it. But Wavey's been away this week and it's just...odd. Feels like there's something missing when they're not here. Come back soon guys!
3. Having one of those horrible phone conversations where your heart starts to pound cos you are imagining the worst. One of my bestest buds was expecting a baby any day, I texted to see how she was and didn't hear anything back so I rang the house a couple of days later, a strange lady answered and when I asked to speak to S she replied oh can you speak to A instead...literally my heart started beating so hard and I was filling up thinking oh god what's happened to my friend...deep breath, she's okay. She had to have a c-section so is a bit battered but we have a new addition to our uni family, a baby girl, can't wait to meet her.

See how much happens when I don't blog? Sheesh. I think I'm done now. Anyone get any exciting news to share? Or more funny date stories... xx

No comments: