Sunday 9 March 2008

The hungry bin

Since the tragic loss of the belt (R.I.P) I have been steadily chucking out clothing that's reached its very last legs. And it's all my favourite stuff, hence why it's so well loved and full of holes. First after the belt were the skinny jeans. Gone. Next up were two Gap tops that had actual holes in them, actual holes! Gone. Then today I had to chuck yet another pair of jeans that can no longer be worn cos they've bagged in all the bad areas, namely the back and the front, and as any lady worth her fashion salts knows, baggy arses and fronts are not a good look :o(

There are of course some benefits to this: SHOPPING! Yay! I decided that the reason the jeans don't last so long is cos I wear them for work too. So I made a new rule: work must now be smart(ish). I went to the grand H&M practically everyday for a week and spent money in there every single time. They rock! For cheap, funkay stuff, you simply cannot go wrong. I'm now the proud owner of 2 new skirts (which got so many compliments they've paid for themselves ten times over), a new hoodie that was on special offer for a fiver (!), and 2 black jersey basic tops. Get me, all smart(ish) for work. Skirts every day! Today's the first day I've worn jeans all week. I even inspired T to try the smart(ish) look and she wore an actual dress on Friday! Wow the power... :o)

In other news:
1. The dizzies are improving daily. I'm a much more smiley Dizz these days
2. I saw actual blossom on the trees which means Spring is on its way, yippee!
3. I might actually be in love with my new food processor...
4. I made hummus. And it was bloody lovely! Yay, no longer will I need to buy this much loved nosh treat
5. I've revised my opinion about Kate Nash. I foolishly judged her to be all blah. Turns out she is effin wonderful! I heart her cd so much that I've just pur-chased my own copy. That song: 'Nicest Thing' oh! breaks my heart: I wish I was the last thing on your mind before you went to...sleep (sad smile from Dizz, oh wouldn't that be lovely, hmmmm big sigh)
6. I'm outraged that they've postponed Damages for 2 weeks cos of some stupid sport! Come on, how can you end on that cliffhanger then expect us to wait!!
7. This weekend has been cookery-tastic. Not only did I make the hummus, I also made a coffee cake. And am cooking up chicken and bacon casserole for my parentals tonight. Yum
8. Children's hair accessories are so much more funkay than adults. I got a huge plastic pink flower yesterday on a hair bobble, it's coolio!
9. Getting stuck inside dresses in changing rooms and having no-one with you is really embarrassing. Especially when you have to ask the changing room assistant to un-do the zip and you're basically stood in the shop with your blue bra and spotty knickers on display for all to see whilst she struggles with it too
10. Full skirts that are all the trend make you look like an elephant if you are blessed in the full bottom department.

Here's to another good week x


1 comment:

Librarian Girl said...

Do you know that my town has NO H&M? Isn't that a crime?

They are opening one here in the fall though. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Glad the dizzies are better.