Wednesday 27 February 2008

Moving earth

Picture the scene: it's just before 1am, Dizz is curled up fast asleep, when a sudden something wakes her up, heart pounding so loud it threatens to burst out of her body, she wonders why the bed is shaking...

...yep, we had an EARTHQUAKE! Say what? I know! It's truly frightening when global warming has reached such scariness that we have earthquakes! I'd do more than one exclamation mark to emphasise that but Fizz will have a nervous breakdown so it's not wise :o)

I don't know what I thought it was. I remember in my sleep fuddled state thinking that it sounded like someone was walking across my landing. And I live alone. So that was scary mary stuff. I thought it was just maybe the wind that had made that loud noise which shook the bed and the foundations of the house a smidgen, but I had to be sure. So I valiantly stepped out of my bed, clutching my mobile phone, and staked out the house making sure I was all alone still. What an errant burglar would have thought when he discovered the homeowner in her Rainbow Brite tee and black knickers I'm not quite sure, nor what I would have done should there have been said burglar but hey, it's all about bravado! For it to turn out to be an earthquake, well, wow, I'm still reeling from it (and not blaming the dizzies for once!)

As you can imagine, it's the talk of everyone. People's facebook status is alive with it. I'm not quite sure if it was bad enough for someone to fall out of bed as one friend suggested, unless they were teetering right on the edge, I dunno, but hey I'm all for embellishment (as this blog clearly demonstrates)

The only other news of the day is that I can hear again. Out of both ears. Wow. I never knew my front door squeaked so badly. Or that keys make that really horrible scratchy sound. How quickly we forget! I've only been deaf for about 2 weeks and I'd forgotten stuff like that. Am shaking my head at myself. Anyhoo, hopefully this will kick-start my brain to getting some kind of balance back. No matter what I'm going back to work tomorrow, I'm sooooo bored. It'll be fine, cos T has offered to bring me a helmet and some cushions for a kind of padded body armour suit. I can rock that look I have absolutely no doubt at all...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to go to work, your cake won't last another day!!

Glad your ears are better!!
R

Unknown said...

I did fall out of bed, although I don't think it was actually related to the earthquake. I guess I could have been so surprised by it that I fell out of bed, but maybe not.