Friday 25 January 2008

Mischief Managed

Oh, it was fun, the gift-giving. Wavey and I had it planned to perfection...

First: setting the scene on Tuesday at the theatre, Wavey and I huddled together and whispered for a bit, then he said to me in a loud voice "The actual box!" and I promptly hushed him - thus letting Dizz know that the mischief involved some kind of box.
Then, last night, we gave Dizz a shoe box, all wrapped up pretty with an elephant gift tag "To Dizz, from Fizz, Wavey and Tizz". She opened it and realised it was an "Irregular Choice" shoe box, i.e. the make of shoes that she has been lusting after for months, which normally cost loads and loads of money.
"You didn't!" said Dizz.
"Er, no. We didn't," said Wavey.
Dizz then opened the shoe box to discover that it didn't contain sexy shoes, just some "bollocks" (another story) and a tuner for her guitar.
"Where are the shoes?" asked Dizz.
"Erm, it's just the box," I said. Wavey was looking distinctly shifty.
"How did you get the box?" asked Dizz.
"I went to the shop and asked for it," I said.
"That's so mean!" said Dizz, looking very disappointed, but trying to hide the fact and smiling gamely.

We then gave her a small tub of cake, which she ignored, still looking for the shoes. At this point I think she didn't quite believe that we'd be that horrible. Eventually though, she accepted that there were no shoes, only the box. Poor Dizz.
Then I suggested she might like to open the rest of the cake, as I'd baked four different kinds. I produced a rather large tupperware box filled with greaseproof paper. I do believe this is the only time in her life that Dizz was less than enthusiastic about being given cake.
Dizz opened the tupperware box, pulled out some of the greaseproof paper, and squealed "Oh my God!" Nestled in the paper were the gorgeous shoes.

For the rest of the evening Dizz kept saying to Wavey and me, "I love my shoes," interspersed with "You're so mean!"

2 comments:

Librarian Girl said...

Nicely done! And sweet shoes!

Claire said...

I'm still so overwhelmed by the shoes. I don't think that Fizz, Wavey and Tizz have any idea...

I wore them for my birthday party last night and I was struttin' them up fine! And. As if the shoes weren't gorgeous enough, the heels are so high that I stand at around 6 foot, which is just syooper!

Thank you sooooo much for the mischief. Lots of love xx