Saturday 19 January 2008

Hairdresser visit

Today was my 6-weekly appointment with my hairdresser. I'm there so much that I send her a Christmas card. She's pretty ace really, as she knows exactly how to control my crazy hair, and she does whatever I ask, even when I tell her to chop off 18 inches or so and make it all squint on one side (seemed like a good idea at the time). She didn't chop it today as I'm growing above squint style out so that my hair will return to its former long long long, right down my back, curly, much loved by everyone, glory. It's well on the way now actually, has reached past my shoulders in just one year.

Anyhoo, getting to the point. I quite often get it dried straight cos it looks all smooth and sleek that way but today I was in kind of a hurry and the straightening takes forever, so asked her to blow dry it to its usual curly madness. She then uttered the phrase I dread: "just tip your head upside down for me" and set to it with the diffuser. When I emerged from said upside-down-ness I knew it was going to be bad. And it was beyond. It was HUGE! To put it politely, volume is something I do not have a yearning for as I have it in shovel-loads. Doing the upside down thang really does make my hair into a giant curl-ball perched on the top of my head.

Emerging from the hairdressers with said huge curl-ball, I hurried down the high street trying to get some kind of control over it and avoiding the raised eyebrows from passers-by who are not used to such sights in our tidy-haired village. A few good chunks of wax later and it was slightly smaller...I say slightly...Wavey picked me up to go to theatre and did a kind of double take over the hugeness. Bless him, he tried to be polite and came out with: "well it's...big..." said in a questioning tone. Luckily I don't take offence over such comments or I'd be permanently walking round with a sour puss face, chuckle.

So to sum up Saturday=huge hair day.

Mind you, Saturday was also make a stained glass window at theatre day. The whole thing is held together with masking tape, sellotape, backing paper, and a well worded prayer from Dizz that a passing breeze doesn't make it fall down! It looks oh so pretty though, I'm very proud of my Blue Peter skills.

And to end, I finally have a pretty new mobile phone. So hopefully you should all stop getting 4 texts with the same message from me. And I should no longer have to worry if my insurance covers me throwing the phone through the window when it kept on switching off halfway through a massive important text. Woohoo!
Ta-ta x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heehee, you brought back memories of my fifteen year-old self; natural curls + diffuser + upside down head + mucho mousse = VERY BIG HAIR!

fizz said...

The stained glass window truly is bee-yoo-tiful.

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)