Tuesday 6 November 2007

Extreme sport?

As regular readers of this blog will know I didn't come by my blog name purely by chance, I am actually dizzy. And by this I mean that I have very rubbish inner ears which cause the world to spin on an almost daily basis. This has been the case for over 2 years now, and I just get on with it, I don't moan, I don't really tell anyone when it's happening, it's just there, as much a part of me as the huge red hair.

Today however was an exception. I woke up DIZZY! And I mean that I had to take a tablet when I got to work (and I only take them when I'm absolutely giving into it). It soon became apparent that the tablet wasn't working and that this was a whole new arena of dizzy. Everytime I looked down to do something I thought I was going to fall off my chair, I looked up and I almost fell; I literally couldn't sit still in my seat cos the world was lurching and spinning all over the shop. I took another tablet, thinking, nyeh it'll go away soon...30 minutes passed and still lurching, spinning, a little bit whoo a little bit wahey and I gave up. I did. I had to! I couldn't have sat there for any longer trying to pretend that everything was fine cos clearly it was not. So I went to 'Bob' the boss-man and told him I was going home. And home I came.

Which leads me to my topic. How many of you have had the dizzies? Cos I have to tell you, I am well aware that there are many many people much worse off than me which is why I don't moan and go on about it too much, but my lovelies, it is HORRIBLE! To the outside world you look absolutely, positively fine. But inside your head, wow, it's like...well I don't know but it's unpleasant. And it takes stamina to put on a brave face! Which is why I think it should be put forward for the next Olympics.

I have a doctors appointment for the morning so hopefully some magic tablets will be given and all will be well. Fingers crossed everyone! Pretty please...xx

3 comments:

fizz said...

Poor Dizz, it's really horrible what you put up with, and I'm usually oblivious to your plight because you never moan. If it was me I'd be milking the dizzies for all the sympathy I could get.

Get weller soon.
A x

P.S. To publish this comment I had to type in mopfkwup - could that be one of our shorthand insults?

Librarian Girl said...

That whole connection between our ears and our balance is so ODD. Why, of all things, do those two relate?

I have only been dizzy when I was really sick already, like with the flu, and once when I had a little too much to drinky. I can't imagine feeling like that all the time! You poor dear.

Anonymous said...

You poor old thing, and always the strong silent type too. You make me ashamed of whinging about all my petty ailments! Hope you're up and at 'em again soon.

Cx

PS - my word was suezoo!