Tuesday 23 October 2007

Eeek

It's been a long, long time since I blogged. Sorry folks, I just haven't had time.

I have some good excuses though: I was rehearsing and then appearing in a play called Glorious! - I played the stroppy, foul-mouthed Mexican maid. What fun, swearing my head off in the secure knowledge that no one will understand a word I'm saying. Think again. On the Thursday night, someone mentioned that their friend Ricardo was in the audience. Being astute, I asked "Is he a foreigner?" - "Yes", I was told, "He's Spanish." I wasn't too bothered until my informant added "He's a Catholic priest." Ooooooops! Actually, Monseigneur Ricardo was adorable, and didn't mind the bad language and the blasphemy at all.

As well as that, I've started a new job (same company, just a different post) which involves a lot of travelling around, visiting customers and showing them how to use the software they've just bought from us. Travelling is time-consuming, I'm sure we'd all agree about that. But it's particularly time-consuming for me because it takes me about twice as long to get anywhere as a normal person. Just ask Dizz, I'm spectacularly good at getting myself completely lost. My map-reading skills are off the scale (on the below-zero side). Even with a satnav, I manage to go wrong. (To be fair, my satnav is pants. It told me "You have reached your destination" when I was sitting in the middle of a junction.)

Being busy is no excuse to miss out on the retail therapy though. Dizz'n'Fizz will be hitting the shops pretty soon - watch out Teesside!

No comments: