Sunday 1 July 2007

move over Meg

How cool is Fizz? Last night saw the end of our theatre group's current show, also ending our season. This last show was a musical thingy with 13 lovely ladies singing lots of songs, 43 songs. And with songs comes a band (I'm getting to my point, honest). So the band had a pianist, a bassist and a drummer. With his own drum kit. And something I have always wanted to do is play the drums. So without telling me, Fizz approached the drummer and told him that I want to play the drums. So last night I'm tidying up in the bar, and drummer boy comes up to me and says, "I heard you want to play the drums, come and have a go". I think I might have squealed a bit!

First things first, sit down, he says, most important. At this point I'm thinking that my swirly girly jaunty angle party dress and 3 inch black stilettos are not going to be the best drumming outfit. Shoes came off. My very first drum lesson began. 1-2-3-4. On the 1 press the pedal for the bass drum. On the 3 hit that other drum (whose name I've forgotten). So off I went, 1 (press foot down, bass drum was hit, wow!)-2-3 (hit that other drum with the other stick)-4. And keep going! OHMYGOD I was playing the drums! Drummer boy said I did very well (I'm sure he was just being nice) but god was it cool! After 5 minutes of that he says, "just hit any of them" so I did, and went a bit mad just hitting all the drums and seeing what they sounded like. I was very smiley Dizz.

Now that I've actually had a go I'm more determined than ever that I'm going to learn how to play the drums properly. Cos I wanna be just like Meg from the White Stripes cos she rocks! So after San Fran (cos that's where all my pennies are going at the moment) I'm going to phone some of those numbers I already got and get me some lessons. My poor neighbours...

So I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to Fizz for doing that for me. Cos it was so incredibly amazing.
xx

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You did look like you were having tremendous fun, I must say.

fizz said...

After you've got the drums and when you've learned to play them (which won't take long, judging by Ste's comments on Saturday night) I just have one request...

CAN I BE IN THE BAND?

What are you going to call it?

Anonymous said...

... mmmm I would volunteer as backing singer ... if I get a black suit ... RayBans ... and a hat ???

OK , OK , I'll mime !