Monday 30 July 2007

celebration dinner

I am a very smiley Dizz. Today I had an interview for a promotion at work and I got it. Yep, the Dizz you knew has taken on the new persona of professional librarian! Yup, I finally got me a job that actually needs that Masters. So what am I doing I hear you ask? I'm an E-I-O, E-I-O...to the totally confused this means I am the Electronic Information Officer. Not that I'm electronic...oooh this is hard to explain. Basically, all them electronic journals and databases that the student peeps use? I'm the person that makes them available with a few magical clicks. Woohoo!

So in celebration (as well as dancing around my living room like a mad person) I'm cooking up a bootiful dinner! Oh yes, in the oven as I type is an all new Dizz recipe consisting of sweet potato, leeks, red onion and pine nuts, with olive oil drizzled over the top, generous sprinklings of rosemary and black pepper, and some chopped up fresh basil. To go on top of this tasty dish is a chicken fillet which is merrily griddling. YUMNESS! Totally healthy and totally deelish. Well here's hoping anyhoo!

I am also enjoying my new Amy MacDonald cd. She rocks. You must all borrow from me so that you can just listen of course and not do any of that dodgy illegal copying...but oooh she's good. And she's only 19. So of course we have to hate her whilst loving her at the same time.

I am now officially a Librarian. Wow. Gosh. Do I need me some pearls and a twin set do we think?

I have to go and do more inane smiling now.
Ta-ta x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

I will be starting a distance learning MSc in Library and Information Services in September, which I'm really looking forward to...which perhaps makes me a little bit sad...

It'll give me time to grow my hair long enough to have it in a bun:-)

(Nice to see a library blogger from the UK! I enjoy the US blogs, but still...)