Thursday 28 June 2007

SPIM

People talk to me. I mean, really talk. They do, they always have done. I don't have a name for this but people always tell me stuff, secrets, skinny. That's just how it is. (Before I go any further I'd just like to reassure all readers that I have never before blogged about what people tell me, I am the secret keeper) Often what people tell me can be too much for my delicate ears and I have to file it away in the "I'll pretend I didn't just hear that" part of my brain.

Brief background now: 2 of my lovely friends are pregnant. And because people talk to me as I said above I've been very involved with these pregnancies. I've joined in every ache, twinge, twitch, freaky movements (eeek!), buying of baby furniture...I could go on but I won't, cos it sounds like I mind and I don't really...much. I'll be honest, on occasion the baby talk has been a wee bit too much for me but the glazed expression usually makes them stop ;o)

Sheesh this is long-winded, it's cos I'm at work on overtime and I keep stopping and starting.

Pregnant 1 has finished work already. And is one week away from giving birth! Surely deserving of a very loud EEEEEKKKKK! Everyone is on tenterhooks. We're texting everyday to see if there are any developments. Today there was a development. And Pregnant 1 described it in her usual sardonic manner: SPIM: sharp pains in muff...and I don't think she meant one of those hand warmers (!) that ice skaters use.

When I read it I laughed out loud. I really did. Out loud. In quiet library land. I couldn't believe that she had put that word in an email! When I replied saying just that, she amended the word to the correct medical term, but by then it was beyond funny and bordering on hysteria. And I told her I was going to blog about it to share the joy!

There you have it. I told you that people tell me stuff! And now you know what kind of stuff I hear. I have a feeling that most of you reading this are filing it away under the "noooooooo" part of your brain. And that makes me chuckle quietly. Ta-ta x

2 comments:

fizz said...

thanks for that Dizz, just what I needed to read about this morning as I'm drinking my wake-up cup of tea. Lovely little mental image.

I'll get you back. Just imagine what our rotund pagan friend was up to on Rosebury Topping last week. Nekkid.

Fizz x

Librarian Girl said...

Ha ha! That's funny!

I'm sure it wasn't funny to her, at the time. To have a pained muff is not a humorous thing, of course.