Thursday 7 June 2007

other stuff

It's been quite a while since any postings and I had a whole few days of lots of fun that was centred around music. As I didn't post about it there and then I decided to just make some odd comments, put a couple of photos up and a couple of links and then you can dip in and out at your leisure.

First up was the Blaises Revival night. For the uninitiated, this was a club that used to exist in M'Bro and it was famous for many things, mainly the sweat dripping from the ceiling and the rock room that, well, rocked. It closed down in 2002 and became toilets for the Walkabout pub. Some clever bod (read geek) has decided that it'd be fun to open it up again for the summer. We found out. We got excited. We went. In case you want to go

For said night the wardrobe choices were a nightmare. I used to go in DM boots, bad straight legged jeans and a huge checked shirt. I do not own any such fashion monstrosities. Everything in my wardrobe is pretty and nice. So I went with a denim mini (Fizz calls it a belt but it's not that short), black boots, black tee, and very funkay hair. I looked to Amy for inspiration and created the Dizz beehive:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm not entirely sure what was going on in the next photo but I think I was in a blissful music state:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Do we likey?

And finally, went to Middlesbrough Music Live at the weekend with Tizz. This is a fantastic free music festival that is hosted in our fair town. Bands come and play. People drink and fall over. We usually eat pizza for dinner. And drink pints out of plastic glasses. And this time we had hot donuts. Fresh hot donuts. Yum. We saw a couple of good bands but my fave by far was Amy Macdonald. She was absolutely amazing. She did a fantastic cover of Mr Brightside by The Killers which blew me away. And her bassist was absolutely lush. I've just pre-ordered her cd so if you get a chance, check her out.

Thus endeth the other stuff. Ta-ta x

1 comment:

fizz said...

Wow! Love the hair. You should do it like that more often.