Friday 27 April 2007

Blood not-letting

Hey!
It's been a while since I posted ANYTHING so thought I'd give the essay writing a rest and share a bit of what's going on. I have just handed in an essay today leaving me with one due on Tuesday and a couple of exams then I'm free!!!! Well almost - still have my research proposal to do (only 5000 words for me dizz) but it's due in July so I've got plenty of time to worry about that. So... I'm hoping to come and visit in a few weeks time! My last exam is the 18th May so if there's a week where something exciting is going on let me know and I'll plan my visit around that.

Anyhoo, the subject of the post - I went to give blood last week and my haemoglobin level was too low, so they did as they do and sent my blood off to be tested. This has happened before and I just got a letter back saying thanks come back next time, but this time they want me to send a letter to my Dr. It's rubbish, I looked at the results and I'm a bit anaemic, I can't understand it! My diet's been pretty good in general recently (with the exception of 2 takeaways last week - ooops!) I even had steak for dinner the other week! I'm also feeling the best I have in ages - no cold, going climbing weekly and to the gym. This is obviously what's causing the problem! I'm not even feeling stressed with work. Anyway I reckon the solution to the problem is regular BBQ supplements. So I was hoping there may be a garden available for just such an occasion when I'm back?

Hope everyone's well and I'll be in touch soon. I'm off to top up my iron now....
Bye for now.

Just remembered, I'm off to see Billie Piper and Chris Marshall in 'Treats' next week at the theatre, I shall try and remember to post my thoughts.

4 comments:

fizz said...

YAY! T is coming to visit!

I'm not aware of any special garden-access dates, but I'm sure Wavey will know.

Orange juice (or any vitamin C) helps your body absorb iron. They never want my blood, I assume it's 'cos I'm anaemic...

Unknown said...

As someone who knows a lot about this sort of thing*, I recommend consumption of vast amounts of Guinness.

* Guinness, not blood

Claire said...

me, I don't like the giving bloody thing. I did it once and it kind of freaked me out and have never been back since...am such a wimp. I say eat lots of cake and icecream. I doubt it'll do anything for your iron levels but it tastes GOOOOOOOD!

PS. can't wait to see you. I actually yelped with excitement and I'm working in a quiet library, ssssshhhh

Claire said...

ooops, that should have been blood in my last post, not bloody. Typing hands went craz-eee