Saturday 24 March 2007

but is it cool?

I have a confession to make. I've become drawn into something on the tv that has two elements of my most hated things: reality tv and musicals. The programme in question: Musicool on T4. It all started last week when I was still in flu-mode. I got up on Saturday morning, switched the tv onto Channel 4 and laid in my duvet for most of the morning watching all the quality T4 programmes. And one of them was Musicool.

So the basic premise of this programme is that 3 musical experts have put together a group of young people who all want to break into the music biz. But none of them wanted to do musicals. Like the guy who worships death metal music and his audition piece consisted of roaring for the judges, wow! And there's a lot of hip-hop and rock and indie and a total mish-mash of peeps who could only be described as being in with the kids, they're cool. One of them has pink and blonde hair and wears tiaras, funkay. And I'm LOVING it! Loving it to the point that I was upset I missed the first 20 minutes of this morning's show. Loving it to the point where I was holding my breath to see who was going to be the best in their group challenge today (come on group 2!) Loving it to the point where I cheered when group 2 won the challenge (come on, they had the most personality by far...) Loving it to the point when they did their piece on T4 I clapped from my sofa, got up, pranced into the kitchen singing "there's no business like showbusiness..." and even did a wee dance and some jazz hands as I waited for the kettle to boil...do you see how much I love it?

Is anyone else watching this? Is anyone else loving it? Anyone...?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jazz hands ? Dizz, you are clearly still unwell !

The only cure that comes to mind is to give up the TV set. I will look after it for you. Cold turkey ? maybe - but you're tough, you'll make it.

By the way, did I mention that my TV packed-in on me yesterday ?