Friday 16 February 2007

things that are not good

1. My cheap-as-chips version of Ugg boots. In the rain. On slippery paving stones. How I didn't fall on my arse is one of life's mysteries;
2. My new glasses. I've struggled for a week thinking that it was just my eyes adjusting. Turns out that spaced out kinda feeling is that the prescription just isn't working for me. Am v.sad that I've had to take them off and am back to my old ones. Re-check on Thursday though so hopefully all will be resolved;
3. Working till 8pm. On yet another Friday night when I should be out rocking the town. I'm supposed to be doing that when I finish and all I want to do is go home and eat and sleep;
4. Applying for jobs when you're in competition with people that you really really like, cos even though you might think that you won't hold it against them if they get it, there'll always be that teeny weeny voice asking, "why wasn't it me?";
5. Holes in the side seams of your pants, less said about that the better probably...

Ahhhh bless, just served a Computing student who gave me the loveliest of shy smiles. Cancels out all those not good things.

Ta-ta x

No comments: