Monday 26 February 2007

bugger this independent lark...

...and find me a man with strong arms who will help me build my new furniture. It arrived this morning at 10am prompt, v.impressed I was with that. Not so much with the men who kept on calling me Mrs J, no, that is my mam, I am Miss please. Obviously I didn't say that to them. So they arrived with the table and chairs no probs, in the kitchen. Wardrobe for upstairs please. Oh (shaking heads) we can't take that upstairs it's more than 40kg. I'm sure the confused look in my eyes and the "but how will I get it upstairs" helplessness must have worked well as next thing I knew they were out the van and up the stairs, wardrobe in hands. Thanking you most kindly, nice Argos men.

Excited at the prospect of new furniture I set to unpacking all the boxes (how much cardboard?). Approximate building time: 45 minutes. A good hour and a half later, several expletives as I realised I'd screwed the legs on one of the chairs the wrong way round, and a hugely aching right arm from all the allen key-ing required, I was cursing my single status and wishing for the Mr to go with my assigned Mrs status from earlier to turn up and build our new table with his manly strong arms. Thankfully my dad (the real Mr J) is turning up later tonight to help me build the wardrobe armed with both his strong arms, and more importantly, an electric screwdriver. Woo. And a hoo.

Oh, in my not tidying up state since Saturday night, I forgot the willy deely boppers were still on my coffee table downstairs. I could see my poor ma looking at them askew when she popped round for tea earlier. I demonstrated their flashiness. She laughed, kind of, but I could tell that she wasn't really that impressed. Think I might have to find a hiding place for them before my dad comes round later. There's a slight problem in that the packaging said they can't be thrown out and instead had the recycling symbol on them...confused? Yep me too. So if I can't throw them out what exactly should I do with them? Thoughts? Suggestions? To clear up any confusion over what they actually are, here's some that look v.similar:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Classy eh? xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A new cool hairband for work!! tee hee hee